Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do patrons of Amaterra need to be a member?
Amaterra is a private winery, vineyard, and club created for the enjoyment of members and their guests. A social membership can be purchased for a $25 one-time fee, which can be applied during your first visit toward the purchase of two or more bottles of wine, or refunded if you join the wine club.
2. How do I become a member?
You will pay the membership fee as part of the process of making a dining or wine tasting reservation online.
3. Are reservations required?
We strongly encourage reservations, especially during peak times and days. You can make a reservation quickly and easily online at AmaterraWines.com/Visit. The bar is currently first-come, first-served.
4. What is the difference between wine tasting and dining?
During tasting hours, we offer wine tasting flights, glass pours, and wines by the bottle with a selection of light bites. During dining hours, we additionally offer a full dining menu and cocktails. Please refer to our website for current hours and offerings.
5. What is your maximum party size?
Online, you can make reservations for up to 8 guests. Wine club members can inquire about group experiences or private dining for larger parties.
6. Can I bring a pet?
Only service animals are allowed at Amaterra.
7. Are children allowed?
Minors are allowed if accompanied by an adult. However, they are not allowed to sit at the bar.
8. Can I book a private events at Amaterra?
Yes, if you are a Wine Club member. Please visit this page for more information and to submit an inquiry.
9. What is your smoking policy?
Smoking and/or vaping is not allowed anywhere on site.
10. Does Amaterra have any formal partnership with Lyft or Uber?
No. However, Lyft and Uber services are available through the app directly, just as you would normally request a ride from any public or private address.
11. What is your holiday schedule?
We are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
1. Why do patrons of Amaterra need to be a member?
Amaterra is a private winery, vineyard, and club created for the enjoyment of members and their guests.
2. I am a member; can I bring in guests to dine with me?
As a social club member, you can make reservations for parties comprised of other members and/or guests. Wine Club members can make reservations for larger parties and private events.
3. I am a member, but my spouse is not. Can he or she come to Amaterra to dine without me?
We are happy to add a partner or spouse’s name to your profile. Reservations or transactions will need to be made using the member’s account and email address. We can also add a second email address to receive notices and receipts.
4. I am a member and am bringing 3 guests with me to dinner. Can we split the bill, or do I have to pay for our meal since I am the member?
Yes, you can split the bill with your guests even though they are not members.
5. If I cancel my membership, do I get my $25 refunded?
No. The $25 membership is a one-time, non-refundable payment, which can be applied during your first visit toward the purchase of two or more bottles of wine or refunded if you join the wine club.
6. Does each person at my event need to have a membership?
No, only the event host needs to be a member of Amaterra. Only Wine Club members are able to host events.
7. Is my membership transferable?
No, your membership is not transferrable.
1. If I join the Amaterra Wine Club as a Terrior (pronounced tehr-wahr), Belle Vue (pronounced bell-ah-vu), or Le Champ (pronounced lay-chom) member, do I also have to pay the $25 onetime membership fee?
No, as a wine club member you are automatically a social member. If you paid the $25 one-time social membership fee prior to joining the wine club, we will refund that.
2. If I am a Wine Club member, does that give me access to the restaurant, bar, and other hospitality areas at Amaterra?
3. How do I cancel my Wine Club membership?
After one full year, you may cancel your membership at any time by contacting us at WineClub@AmaterraWines.com at least two weeks prior to the next Wine Club selection date. Paid club selections will not be refunded.
3. Can I choose or customize the wines in my release? Will I be able to taste them first?
For each seasonal release, we will offer a selection of wines. About two to three weeks prior to credit cards being charged, you’ll receive an email letting you know the wines that will be your default selections, and other wines that are available for the release. You will have approximately two weeks to customize your selections from among those wines. Since these are typically new release wines, you will most likely not have an opportunity to try the wines in advance.
3. Do my purchases at the winery count towards my club commitments?
Purchases made at the winery do not count towards your commitment to purchasing either four or eight bottles three times per year in March, May and November.
1. Will Amaterra be able to ship wines to friends and family located out of state?
Yes. Please check with us to obtain a complete list of the states to which we are licensed to ship.
2. Does Amaterra private label for other entities?
At this time, Amaterra does not private label our wines. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity in the future, please reach out to our winemaker at Info@AmaterraWines.com.
3. Does Amaterra have food and beverages to go? Do you work with any food-delivery services?
Guests may order food to-go and enjoy a drink while they wait for their order if they so choose, but we do not partner with any food-delivery services such as DoorDash or Grubhub at this time. Please check our website for any future updates.