Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne
The 2021 ‘VMR’ is a field blend of Viognier, Marsanne, and Roussanne. Traditionally paired together, these varieties bring different aromatic and structural properties to a moderately weighted yet balanced white wine. Hand harvested, whole cluster pressed, and fermented and aged in small vessels. Enjoy with rockfish, scallops, or your favorite locally produced goat cheese.
TASTING NOTES AS OF SEPTEMBER, 2023:
Aromas of white peach, floral, wet stone, pear, and lemongrass. On the palate, lemon custard, powdered sugar donut, peach, and minerality.
- Lonesome Springs Ranch Vineyard
- Vines planted: Marsanne 2006, Roussanne 2001, Viognier 2001
- Soil: Kootenay Silt Loam
- Elevation: 890-1000 ft
- South to Southeast facing
- Harvested October 9, 2021
- 45% Viognier, 39% Marsanne, 16% Roussanne
- Whole cluster pressed
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks
- Non-oxidative juice handling
TA: 5.2 g/L