Dundee Hills AVA
Pinot Gris is the unofficial “official” white wine variety of the Willamette Valley. A variant of Pinot Noir, these grapes mature to a beautiful medium-purple color with a definitive gris (or gray) tone. The cool nights during the long growing season on Willamette Valley hillsides results in a wine with beautiful tree fruit and floral aromatics with intriguing minerality on the palate. The 51Weeks Winemaking style of Pinot Gris is whole-cluster pressed, fermented in small stainless steel vessels, and aged sur lie. These techniques emphasize the varietal aromatics for a wine that pairs exceptionally well with shellfish or a range of local cheeses.
- Soil: ancient marine sedimentary
- Elevation: 290-313 ft.
- Guadalupe Vineyard planted in 1996
- Hand harvested on September 30, 2020
- Whole cluster pressed
- Non-oxidative juice handling
- Fermented and aged sur lie in stainless steel
TA: 6.02 g/L