Carlton Hill is located on the western side of the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. A croquet enthusiast, grower David Polite planted the vineyard’s first vines in 1999. This east-facing vineyard is comprised of four clones of Pinot Noir. Amaterra sources each of the clones, which are individually fermented and aged, allowing our winemaking team to craft a cuvée that expresses the best of each vintage.
TASTING NOTES AS OF APRIL, 2023
Aromas of black cherry, pie spice, raspberry cream, hibiscus, and strawberry jam alongside flavors of orange chocolate, maraschino cherry, bramble, and dark plum. Bright acidity flourishes from this East-facing site.
- AVA: 100% Yamhill-Carlton
- Soil: Peavine and Willakenzie
- Elevation: 428 ft
- East facing
- Clonal blend: 39% 777, 30% Wadensville, 20% 115,
- 11% Pommard
- LIVE and salmon safe certified
- Hand harvested on September 10, and 16, 2021
- 38% whole cluster
- Aged in French oak barrels
- 36% New French Oak
TA: 4.8 g/L